Amherst County Sheriff's Office makes arrests, breaks up alleged methamphetamine ring
AMHERST COUNTY, Va. – The Amherst County Sheriff's Office has made multiple arrests in connection to drug trafficking.
The Sheriff's Office says it has arrested nine of the 12 individuals who were indicted by an Amherst County grand jury.
As part of the arrests, the Sheriff's Office says it seized more than 6 pounds of methamphetamine that was intercepted before it arrived in Lynchburg.
The investigation originated from a search warrant that was executed at a Madison Heights home in February of this year, according to the Sheriff's Office.
All nine of the individuals arrested Friday face one count of conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine, while some also face additional charges.
The nine individuals are:
- Bobby Lloyd Archer, 42, of Madison Heights
- Salvatore Catanzaro, 48, of Lynchburg, who also faces two counts of distribution of a Schedule I or II controlled substance
- ChristophMatthewehw Deane, 26, of Monroe, who also faces a count of possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute
- Christy Lea Dearing, 40, of Madison Heights
- Crystal Lynn Hardy, 31, of Amherst
- Brandon O'Neal Hendricks, 26, of Lynchburg
- Richard Justin Mays, 34, of Lynchburg
- Jonathan Wayne Perry, of Lynchburg
- Donald Ray Pippin, 60, of Madison Heights
The Sheriff's Office also arrested 41-year-old Robert Steven Agnor, of Monroe while arresting the above nine individuals. Agnor is charged with one count of distribution of a Schedule I or II controlled substance.
Copyright 2017 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.