Applications are no longer being accepted for Summer 2022.
The deadline to apply for Fall 2022 is Friday, July 15.
The internship program at WSLS 10 is designed to provide students with the opportunity to enhance their knowledge in various fields of communication by receiving hands-on experience through News, Weather, Sports, Digital, and Production. The paid program provides structured opportunities coupled with appropriate supervision, evaluation and feedback for students enrolled in institutions of higher learning to gain experience in a station’s day-to-day operations.
Internships are offered during the spring, summer and fall semesters. The spring and fall semesters last four months and the summer lasts two months.
Interns cannot work more than 20 hours per week. Each intern’s hours will need to be tracked accordingly.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college or university and classified as at least a “junior” status when the internship begins.
- Be majoring in some field having a relationship to broadcasting or a station’s operations.
- Be eligible to earn academic course credits or their equivalent (such as a Master’s Thesis) for the internship.
1. Download and fill out the internship application
2. Email completed application, resume, writing samples and a paragraph stating why you feel an internship at our station would benefit your education and career goals to Amanda Bazemore, firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a condition of eligibility to participate in our internship program, GMG requires that all newly hired interns be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first day of their internship, to the extent permitted by applicable law, unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation, or as otherwise allowed by law.