SALEM (WSLS 10) - Salem police said Walmart was safe and lifted a lock-down at nearby Salem High School after a bomb threat was made Tuesday morning.
The school was under a precautionary lock-down until 11:50 a.m. Tuesday and Walmart had been evacuated while law enforcement swept the area. According to the Salem Police Department, officers received a call at 9:18 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 22 from the Walmart located along W. Main Street.
They said a bomb threat was made to the store. At 9:22 a.m. the first officer arrived on scene and the building was quickly evacuated.
Salem Police deemed the Walmart safe for occupancy at 12:45 p.m. Officers were assisted by Virginia State Police and Roanoke City Police K9 units.
The incident remains under investigation.