74ºF

Car damaged in Roanoke garage fire

photo
(Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved)
Smoke from the garage fire could be seen from Valley View Mall.  Courtesy: Brian Robinson, WSLS 10
Smoke from the garage fire could be seen from Valley View Mall. Courtesy: Brian Robinson, WSLS 10

ROANOKE (WSLS 10) - A one of a kind convertible was damaged in a garage fire in Roanoke.

It happened Monday around 1:30 p.m. in the 2600 block of Dorchester Drive.

According to the homeowner, he smelled "something electrical burning" in the garage. When he kicked the door open, he saw the fire.

A 1969 Chevy Camaro convertible was inside the garage, the homeowner said.

The homeowner, a 5-year-old and a dog made it out of the home safely.

Firefighters are still investigating, but say the damage seems to be contained to the garage.