Man arrested in connection with Friday morning Danville deadly shooting

Shots fired call came in around 3:30 a.m.


Danville Police have arrested a man in connection to the homicide of Keenan Cunnigham. 

Police have charged 29-year-old Antonio Terry with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. 

Terry was arrested Friday evening in Danville without incident. 

Police are not looking for any further suspects at this time. This case is active and due to the ongoing nature, no further details will be released at this time.

Terry's picture is being temporarily withheld for investigative reasons.

UPDATE July 26 7:08

A man is dead after an early morning shooting in Danville. 

Authorities say they responded to a call for shots fired in the 300 block of Hughes Street Friday around 3:30 a.m. 

Officers found Keenan Cunningham, 30, inside a car in the 100 block of Hughes Street, according to police. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

There were multiple bullet holes in the SUV, according to Danville Police Department Lt. Richard Chivvis, but as of Friday officers were not sure if there were multiple shooters or where, exactly, the shots came from.

Chivvis said he had met Cunningham before and had positive interactions with him.

Cunningham did not live in the area, so police didn't know Friday why he was there.

 "I would absolutely say, in 2016, that was a high call volume area. Now, in 2019, I wouldn't say that. I think that's why it's kind of surprising for the neighbors. This, based on the information we have right now, this could've happened anywhere in the city," Chivvis said.

Cunningham's body will be sent to the medical examiner's office in Roanoke for an autopsy. 


Officers are investigating a homicide in Danville, according to the police department.

The incident reportedly happened at the intersection of Hughes and Reid streets after officers received a call for shots fired around 3:30 a.m. Friday. 

Stay with 10 News as more information on this breaking news story becomes available.