BEDFORD COUNTY, Va. – Students at select schools in Bedford County will be getting free meals this school year thanks to the federal Community Eligibility Provision meal program.
School officials say more than 10 schools met the criteria for the program based on their economically disadvantaged status, which includes:
- Bedford Elementary School
- Bedford Primary School
- Big Island Elementary School
- Goodview Elementary School
- Huddleston Elementary School
- Moneta Elementary School
- Montvale Elementary School
- Stewartsville Elementary School
- Liberty Middle School
- Liberty High School
- Staunton River Middle School
- Staunton River High School
If your child attends any of the schools mentioned above, you will not need to apply for free meals this year.
All schools not previously mentioned will continue with the regular school meals program. Prices are as follows:
- Elementary school lunch - $2.40
- Middle and High school lunch - $1.35
- Breakfast $1.35
- Milk - $0.60
Parents who wish to apply for free meals can submit a Reduced Meal Price Application Form using this link.