No one hurt in fire at Burger King in Salem
Building was evacuated and fire contained to one area
SALEM, Va. – A fire caused an estimated $30,000 worth of damage to a Burger King in Salem.
Crews responded to a fire at the Burger King at 815 West Main Street on Thursday just after 4 p.m., according to Salem Fire-EMS.
Firefighters arrived to find heavy fire coming from an exhaust vent. The first units, who arrived within just a couple minutes of receiving the call, spotted flames on the roof.
Firefighters determined that the fire was most concentrated in the exhaust ductwork of a broiler. They contained the fire to that area, according to Salem Fire-EMS.
The building was evacuated, and no one was hurt in the fire, which was determined to be accidental.
Copyright 2019 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.