Storage barn a total loss after Danville fire

(Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved)

DANVILLE (WSLS10)-- A storage barn in Danville is a total loss after a fire on Thursday evening.

The Danville Fire Department was called to the scene in the 4500 block of Westover Drive. When they arrived, firefighters found an outside storage barn on fire. The building had already started to collapse by the time crews got there.

The building and its contents were at total loss. There were no injuries reported and no one has been displaced because of the fire.

A piece of malfunctioning equipment is believed to have sparked the fire.

Here's the full news release from the Danville Fire Department:

On Thursday evening the Danville Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire located at 4507 Westover Drive. The department responded three engines, one aerial apparatus, and two command vehicles, along with 15 personnel to the incident. The Danville Life Saving Crew also responded one ambulance along with five personnel and the Danville Police Department responded two police officers. The first arriving engine company found an outside storage barn fully involved with fire. The building had already started to collapse upon the arrival of the first fire department units. The building and all its contents were a total loss. There were no injuries reported, nor was anyone displaced because of the fire. The cause of the fire was determined to be a piece of equipment that malfunctioned. Units remained on scene for approximately two and a half hours.