Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax responds to 'false' sexual assault allegation


RICHMOND, Va. – On Monday, Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax spoke about the allegations that were recently made against him. 

Fairfax allegedly had an inappropriate nonconsensual encounter with a woman he met at the 2004 Democratic National Convention.

He reiterated that the allegations were false, saying the woman in question was very interested in him and the two went up to his hotel room.

He told the media that everything was consensual and she had even contacted him months later, asking to meet again.

There was never any inappropriate contact, according to Fairfax. 

Fairfax says the truth is 100 percent on his side and he is proud of the way he has lived his life and has never had allegations against him before.

He claimed this is only happening now because of the current political environment.

“It’s such a shame that this has been weaponized and used as a smear because this is a very real issue,” says Fairfax. “I’m someone who has treated women with respect and always observed certain decorum I think everyone should be heard, but here’s what’s very important. She was heard by the Washington Post and the Washington Post didn’t believe her.”

He has not talked with the governor since the press conference Saturday afternoon. When asked if he is ready to be governor, he replied that we always have to be prepared. 


Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax is responding to a sexual assault allegation Monday morning, calling it "false and unsubstantiated." 

A conservative website called Big League Politics outlined the allegation Sunday night. A woman is saying that Fairfax sexually assaulted her at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, according to the publication.

Fairfax released a statement made on his behalf by his chief of staff and communications director on Twitter early Monday morning. Fairfax "has never assaulted anyone -- ever -- in any way, shape, or form," the statement reads. 

It goes on to mention that the person making the "false allegation" approached the Washington Post more than a year ago and investigated the claim for several months before the newspaper editors decided that there were "significant red flags and inconsistencies" with the woman's story. 

Fairfax intends to take legal action.