Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. PANDEMIC INCREASINGLY TAKES OVER DAILY LIVES The new coronavirus overwhelms hospitals, shutters schools and offices, halts U.S. presidential campaign rallies and global sports.
2. EUROPEAN SHARES REBOUND AFTER DOW TUMBLES European markets are mostly higher after a turbulent trading session in Asia following Wall Street's biggest drop since the 1987 Black Monday crash.
3. FOR ASIA, A ROLE REVERSAL As a virus pandemic spreads globally, China and other parts of Asia are scrambling to prevent it from coming back to where it broke out.
4. PELOSI SAYS VIRUS AID PACKAGE CLOSE The deal would reassure anxious Americans by providing sick pay, free testing and other resources amid the crisis.
5. BIDEN’S CAMPAIGN EYES FLORIDA’S BIG PRIZE The state’s 219 delegates could be the knockout punch for Bernie Sanders after a dismal showing in the Michigan primary.
6. US RETALIATES AGAINST IRAN-BACKED GROUP The U.S. launches airstrikes in Iraq, targeting Shiite militia members believed responsible for the rocket attack that killed and wounded American and British troops at a base north of Baghdad.
7. NEW ZEALAND ATTACKS LEAVE INDELIBLE MARK As the anniversary of the massacre at two Christchurch mosques nears, three people directly impacted that day tell the AP how their lives have been changed forever.