SALEM, Va. – Mobile COVID-19 vaccine clinics designed to help underserved communities kicked off Saturday in the Roanoke and Alleghany area.
A crowd lined up at East Salem Elementary School to get their dose of Johnson and Johnson. Afterward, each person received a sticker to show they got their shot.
This is just one of the stops on the list as the state health department tours the 10 News region to administer vaccines.
After hearing about the clinic from a neighbor, Don King jumped in his truck and traveled from Montgomery County to receive his dose.
“I feel better now,” King said. “Some people won’t wear a mask and probably haven’t had the vaccine. So, I have my sticker.”
More clinics will be held in Roanoke, Rocky Mount and the New River Valley in the coming weeks.
Here’s a list of locations and their respective dates and times:
Mobile Vaccination Clinics in the New River Health District
- Sunday, May 23: Noon to 5 p.m. at Meadowbrook Public Library, 267 Alleghany Springs Road, Shawsville, VA 24162
- Monday, May 24: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at YMCA Thrift Shop, 1000 North Main St., Blacksburg, VA 24060
- Wednesday, May 26: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Auburn United Methodist Church, 3940 Five Points Road, Riner, VA 24149
- Friday, May 28: 2 to 7 p.m. at Floyd County Volunteer Fire Department #2, 187 Firehouse Road, NW, Willis, VA 24380
- Saturday, May 29: 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Floyd County Farmers Market, 203 South Locust St., Floyd, VA 24091
- Wednesday, June 2: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Pulaski Department of Social Services, 53 Commerce St., Pulaski, VA 24301
- Thursday, June 3: 3 to 7 p.m. at Dublin Baptist Church, 100 Hawkins St., Dublin, VA 24084
- Sunday, June 6: 1 to 4 p.m. at Timberlake Building, 120 North Main St., Pearisburg, VA 24134
- Monday, June 7: 5 to 9 p.m. at Narrows Volunteer Fire Department, 133 Center St., Narrows, Virginia, 24124
Mobile Vaccination Clinics in the West Piedmont Health District
- Tuesday, May 25: 4 to 9 p.m. at Franklin County Animal Shelter, 80 State St., Rocky Mount, VA 24151
- Sunday, June 6: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Franklin Heights Baptist Church, 110 Hilltop Drive, Rocky Mount, VA 24151
Mobile Vaccination Clinics in the Roanoke City and Alleghany Health Districts
- Sunday, May 30: 2 to 6 p.m. at Lewis-Gale Field at Salem Memorial Baseball Stadium, 1004 Texas St., Salem, VA 24153
- Tuesday, June 1: 2 to 7 p.m. at Catawba Fire and Rescue Station #4, 5585 Catawba Hospital Drive, Catawba, VA 24070
- Wednesday, June 2: 2 to 7 p.m. at Bent Mountain Fire and Rescue Station, 9606 Bent Mountain Road, Bent Mountain, VA 24059
- Thursday, June 3: 2 to 4 p.m. at Salem City Farmers Market, 14 West Main St., Salem, VA 24153
- Friday, June 4: 4 to 8 p.m. at Valley View Staples, 4737 Valley View Blvd., NW, Roanoke, VA 24012
Mobile Vaccination Clinics in the Pittsylvania and Danville Health Districts
- Monday, May 24: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Cascade Volunteer Fire Department, 5497 Cascade Road, Cascade, VA 24069
- Wednesday, May 26: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Laurel Grove Volunteer Fire Department, 2081 Laurel Grove Road, Sutherlin, VA 24594
- Thursday, May 27: 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. JCPenney, 325 Piedmont Drive, Danville, VA 24540
- Saturday, May 29: 8 a.m. to noon Community Market, 629 Craghead Street, Danville VA 24541