wsls logo

Fire crews warning you to unplug your phone charger after a close call

A firefighter came home to find his charger melted

Photo does not have a caption

BIG ISLAND, Va. – A warning Wednesday night from the Big Island Volunteer Fire Department.

Remember to unplug all devices from your outlets.

The department is sharing this reminder after one of their men came home from work to smell smoke and find his phone charger melted at the end where the phone would be plugged in.

The fire department says many fires are caused by electrical outlets and that it’s important to keep things unplugged when possible.


About the Author:

Kortney joined the 10 News team as a Lynchburg Bureau Reporter in May 2021.