Team USA Medal Race Updates 02/06/2022
Team USA's gold medal drought was quenched by Lindsey Jacobellis on Day 5, and 24 hours later, it's a gold rush for the red, white, and blue.
Chloe Kim and Nathan Chen won individual golds and Ashley Caldwell, Christopher Lillis, and Justin Schoenefeld topped the podium in the Olympic debut of freestyle skiing mixed team aerials.
Kim made history by becoming the first woman to win back-to-back gold medals in snowboard halfpipe, and Chen redeemed himself from 2018 as he took gold in figure skating men’s singles,
Team USA's total medal haul is now 10: four gold, five silver, one bronze
- On Day 6 at PyeongChang 2018, the U.S. had eight medals - five gold, one silver, two bronze
- Of the eight individual medals won by Team USA, five were won by women, three were won by men
- Queralt Castellet’s silver in the snowboarding women's halfpipe gave Spain its fifth Winter Olympic medal all-time, and its first silver all-time
- Luge is the first sport to conclude competition at the 2022 Winter Games. Germany continued its dominance, winning gold in each of the four events and 6 of 12 overall medals.
- Eight medal events were contested on Feb. 10.
- 45 of 109 events have been completed
Team USA is hoping to improve on its solid fourth-place finish in 2018, when its 23 medals trailed Norway (39), Germany (31), and Canada (29). The Americans also had the fourth-most gold medals in 2018 with nine, but have now not claimed a Day 1 medal at consecutive Olympics.
Team USA is chasing its medal-best standard of 34 overall with 10 golds on home turf in Salt Lake City during the 2022 Winter Olympics.
SEE MORE: In The Village: Brianna Decker joins Elizabeth Beisel
Winter Olympics Medal Count for 02/06/2022
See the live medal count for full medal standings and results from the 2022 Winter Olympics, updated in real-time throughout each competition day.