ROANOKE, Va. – It was a big day at Cave Spring High School as 14 student-athletes made commitments to continue their academic and athletic careers at the next level.
That included two softball players, three girls basketball stars, four from the boys lacrosse team, two from baseball, and one each for the football and boys track teams. And in a school first, Emma Falatic committed to play rugby for a recently formed program at Emory and Henry.
“Anytime you get young kids to play at the next level whether it’s D1, D2, D3 it’s a big opportunity because not many kids get to do it. For us to have 14 today it’s a big accomplishment for the school and the kids,” Knights Athletic Director Jon Hartness said.
Here’s the list of signees from Cave Spring today:
- Softball: Tristyn Tofano - Emory & Henry, Riley Young - Ferrum
- Rugby: Emma Falatic - Emory & Henry
- Girls Basketball: Emma Jones - Averett, Rachael Anderson - Randolph-Macon, Ava Hibbs - Mary Baldwin
- Boys Lacrosse: Chris McBroom - Bridgewater, Graham Lilley - Liberty, Chas GIlroy - Greensboro, Riley Black - Ferrum
- Track: Joseph Ihlenburg - Emory & Henry
- Football: DeShawn Johnson - Averett
- Baseball: Cameron Main - Lynchburg, Chase Speller - Bluefield