Daytime Kitchen: Stick to your Diet at Zoes Kitchen
Zoes offers options for all dietary needs and restrictions
ROANOKE – Don't be afraid to go out to eat-- Zoes Kitchen offers healthy food for almost any diet. From Keto to the Whole 30-- Zoes can help you make healthy, and delicious choices.
Try these delicious and healthy options with your family:
Mediterranean Salad Trio Bowl Recipe
· Step 1: Place scoops of pesto farro, quinoa salad, and orzo "tabouli" into a bowl.
· Step 2: Add a scoop of tzatziki, crumbled feta, and salsa verde.
· Step 3: Add your favorite protein, whether it's Mediterranean chicken, lamb kafta or harissa-marinated salmon.
· Step 4: Add cucumber slices and a bit of freshly chopped dill.
Cauliflower Rice Bowl Recipe
· Step 1: To make our cauliflower rice, we start by washing a head of cauliflower, then breaking it into smaller pieces and shredding it with a grater.
· Step 2: Mix the riced cauliflower with olive oil, salt and fresh herbs.
· Step 3: Transfer the cauliflower "rice" to a bowl and add tzatziki, crumbled feta, and Israeli skhug sauce.
· Step 4: Add your favorite protein, whether it's Mediterranean chicken, lamb kafta, or harissa-marinated salmon.
· Step 5: Add cucumber slices and a bit of freshly chopped dill.
· Step 1: Once you decide which protein you want to put on your kabobs, you'll want to prepare a marinade or use some of your favorite seasoning, like our Spice of Life. Soaking your meat in a marinade for at least an hour (the longer the better) can give the meat more flavor and tenderness.
· Step 2: If using wooden kabob skewers, remember to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling. This will help prevent them from catching on fire or burning.
· Step 3: Cut your protein and veggies into small pieces before you skewer. When you're grilling chicken kabobs, it's best to skewer the chicken separately from the veggies since the protein takes longer to cook than the vegetables. We recommend grilling the veggies on their own. Once cooked, you can place them on top of the chicken kabobs.
· Step 4: Place your kabobs on the grill and turn them while cooking to allow all sides to cook evenly. As a general rule, most kabobs will require approximately 10-15 minutes to cook depending on your protein.
Copyright 2018 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.