CHRISTIANSBURG (WSLS 10) - A historic landmark and longtime restaurant in the New River Valley is scheduled to reopen.
The Farmhouse Restaurant, which closed last year due to struggling business, has now been purchased by two experienced restaurant owners in Roanoke.
Roger Neel and Neal Keesee, the owners of Billy's and Cornbeef and Co. in Roanoke, purchased the building.
The farmhouse served the New River Valley for more than 50 years and was a longtime favorite of customers in the area.
The landmark is an authentic farm house built in the 1800's, and thanks to the new owners it's getting a face-lift and some new additions including an outdoor seating area.
The owners plan to have the restaurant open by the beginning of 2016.