78ºF

No one hurt after fire in northwest Roanoke

Fire started accidentally during cooking

ROANOKE, Va. – Fire crews responded to a fire in the 100 block of Westside Boulevard, just off of Shenandoah Avenue, in northwest Roanoke on Tuesday evening.

Roanoke Fire-EMS was dispatched just after 4:30 p.m.

Units arrived to find smoke coming from a multi-family apartment building.

One person was at home when the fire started but escaped safely. Two people in total will be displaced as a result of the fire.

The fire was started accidentally during cooking, according to Roanoke Fire-EMS.

No injuries have been reported.

This was the fifth fire in four days for Roanoke Fire-EMS.


About the Author: