ROANOKE, Va. – Two Roanoke politicians will play an active role in the Biden-Harris campaign’s effort to reach LGBTQ+ voters in Virginia.
The Biden for President Virginia campaign announced on Monday that Roanoke Vice Mayor Joe Cobb and Roanoke City Council candidate Peter Volosin are among the co-chairs selected for the LGBTQ+ Virginians for Biden-Harris leadership council.
The goal of the council is to “highlight Joe Biden and Kamala Harris' plan to advance LGBTQ+ equality, starting by working to pass the Equality Act.”
Council members will work to “mobilize and engage” the LGBTQ+ community in Virginia. The campaign said this will include things like hosting weekly meetings, tapping into existing networks and organizing voters for early voting.
Here is the full list of those who will serve as co-chairs:
- State senator Adam Ebbin (Alexandria)
- Delegate Danica Roem (Manassas Park)
- Delegate Mark Sickles (Alexandria)
- Vice Mayor Joe Cobb (Roanoke)
- Fairfax School Board Member Karl Frisch
- Jay Fisette (Arlington)
- Maggie Sacra (Midlothian)
- Charley Conrad (Arlington)
- Caryl Quinn (Midlothian)
- Brian Reach (Fairfax)
- Crystal Suber (Richmond)
- Deanna Bayer (Dumfries)
- Peter Volosin (Roanoke)
- Rodrigo Velasquez (Springfield)
- Robert Martin (Spotsylvania)