RICHMOND, Va. – As of September 24, Virginia is now reporting 143,492 cases of the coronavirus across the commonwealth since March.
Thursday’s total of 143,492 marks an increase from Wednesday’s total of 142,590 cases.
- 67 new cases in Fairfax County
- 45 new cases in Virginia Beach
- 42 new cases in Sussex County
- 40 new cases in Henrico County
- 35 new cases in Prince William County and Montgomery County
- 27 new cases in Richmond and Loudoun County
- 23 new cases in Harrisonburg and Mecklenburg County
- 21 new cases in Chesapeake
- 20 new cases in Alexandria
- 19 new cases in Chesterfield County, Roanoke and Lynchburg
- 18 new cases in Roanoke County
- 17 new cases in Hanover County
- 16 new cases in Norfolk
- 14 new cases in Charlottesville
- 13 new cases in Rockingham County, Stafford County, Spotsylvania County and Campbell County
- 12 new cases in Albemarle County, Bedford County, Arlington County, Suffolk and Lexington
- 11 new cases in Danville
- 10 new cases in Henry County
- 9 new cases in Isle of Wight County
- 8 new cases in Prince Edward County and Prince George County
- 7 new cases in Pittsylvania County, Hampton and Amherst County
- 6 new cases in Manassas, Washington County, Petersburg, Greensville County and Franklin
- 5 new cases in Frederick County, Pulaski County, Portsmouth, Tazewell County, Smyth County, Wise County, Louisa County and Emporia
- 4 new cases in Newport News, Franklin County, Halifax County, Staunton, York County, Culpeper County, Winchester, Caroline County, Augusta County, Gloucester County, Russell County, Dickenson County and Surry County
- 3 new cases in Fauquier County, Orange County, Radford, Patrick County, Westmoreland County, Shenandoah County, Lunenburg County, Essex County, Charlotte County, Giles County and Madison County
- 2 new cases in Fluvanna County, Southampton County, Dinwiddie County, Richmond County, Nottoway County, Brunswick County, Fredericksburg, Wythe County, Appomattox County and Fairfax
- 1 new case in Carroll County, Botetourt County, James City County, Botetourt County, James City County, Buchanan County, King and Queen County, Lancaster County, Williamsburg, Greene County, Powhatan County, Lee County, King William County, Salem, Mathew County, Colonial Heights, Goochland County, Charles City County, Martinsville, Floyd County, New Kent County, Nelson County, Falls Church and Bath County
As of Thursday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 2,054,035 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.