Crews respond after fire that destroyed Danville home rekindles
No injuries reported
DANVILLE, Va. – UPDATED
Crews are back at the scene of a fire that destroyed a Danville home after it rekindled Tuesday morning.
Authorities say crews originally responded to the home on Stokes Street around 5:15 p.m. Monday, where a fire was started by unattended cooking. Crews returned to the scene around 10 a.m. Tuesday when the fire rekindled.
No injuries have been reported.
Crews battled a house fire on Monday evening in Stokes Street in Danville, according to the Danville Fire Department.
Firefighters used four engines and a ladder truck to put out the flames.
The 911 call came in at about 5:15 p.m. and all occupants were able to get out of the home.
At this time, there are no reported injuries, according to a city official.
The cause of the fire was “unattended cooking,” according to the Danville Fire Department.
DFD apparatus will be clearing from Stokes St. in the next 20 minutes. Fire is out. Cause of fire is unattended cooking. No injuries. Occupant is staying with family.— Danville Fire Department (@DanvilleVaFire) December 17, 2019
DFD UPDATE: Occupant of house is with family away from scene now.— Danville Fire Department (@DanvilleVaFire) December 17, 2019
Copyright 2019 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.