ROANOKE, Va. – Several Roanoke area businesses closed early on Sunday.
This comes after protesters in Roanoke on Saturday night made their way to Walmart at Valley View and then Target nearby before heading to Burlington, the Sheetz gas station on Orange Avenue and then downtown Roanoke in front of the police station.
- A Sheetz employee at the location on Orange Avenue and Williamson Road told 10 News they are closed as a precaution after last night’s protests.
- A sign at the Sheetz on Peters Creek Road says the store is temporarily closed.
- The Target store at Valley View in Roanoke closed early on Sunday before 1:30 p.m. Target is normally scheduled to close at 9 p.m. on Sundays.
- It appeared that Target employees stacked bottled water and cat litter against the doors to the store.
- Signs posted at the store say it will reopen Monday at 8 a.m.
- The Valley View Walmart closed before 2 p.m. Sunday.
- The Bonsack Walmart closed early.
- The Clearbrook Walmart closed early and will reopen Monday at 7 a.m.
VALLEY VIEW MALL
- Valley View Mall also closed at 5 p.m. instead of 6 p.m. as a safety precaution, according to mall security.
10 News has visited the above stores several times throughout the day but crews haven’t seen any protesters or groups gathering outside stores.