ROANOKE COUNTY, Va. – Roanoke County Fire and Rescue responded about 1:30 a.m., on Thursday to Franklin Street, in the Cave Spring area, for the report of a chimney fire.
Crews found heavy fire and smoke showing from the attic of a one story, wood frame home. Two adults, three children and a dog all evacuated safely. There were no injuries.
The fire was brought under control in about an hour.
The family will be displaced but will be staying with family in the area.
Roanoke County says the fire appears to have started in the chimney and extended to the attic and the roof of the home. There is extensive damage to the house.
The Roanoke County Fire Marshal’s Office is on scene to investigate and estimate damages.