Virginia State Police have responded to hundreds of crashes on Saturday during the ice storm that affected much of Central, Southeastern and Northern Virginia.
From midnight to 9 p.m. Saturday, police responded to a total of 195 disabled vehicles and 366 traffic crashes across the Commonwealth.
Here’s a breakdown of how many crashes and disabled/stuck vehicles police responded to as of 9 p.m. in each division:
- Richmond Division: 41 disabled vehicles and 77 traffic crashes
- Culpeper Division: 10 disabled vehicles and 47 traffic crashes
- Appomattox Division: 14 disabled vehicles and 45 traffic crashes
- Wytheville Division: 15 disabled vehicles and 13 traffic crashes
- Chesapeake Division: 51 disabled vehicles and 60 traffic crashes
- Salem Division: 22 disabled vehicles and 93 traffic crashes
- Fairfax Division: 42 disabled vehicles and 93 traffic crashes
Police advise Virginians to avoid traveling through Sunday as road conditions remain dangerous.
There have been no fatal crashes reported.