Danville house fire caused by a cell phone charger left on a bed

Happened shortly after 8 p.m.

Danville home considered not safe to live in after Friday fire
Danville home considered not safe to live in after Friday fire

DANVILLE, Va.UPDATE- (7:17 p.m.)

A fire that destroyed a Danville home Friday night was caused by a cell phone charger left on a bed, according to the Danville Fire Department.

Authorities said the fire happened shortly after 8 p.m. on 139 Longview Avenue.

When crews arrived they saw a heavy fire from the front windows of the ranch-style home, and after going inside, they said they found a large fire in two bedrooms.

No one was inside at the time of the fire, according to authorities.

Crews said the family is being assisted by the American Red Cross as the house was heavily damaged.


ORIGINAL STORY

A Danville home was deemed not safe to live in after a Friday fire, according to the Danville Fire Department.

Shortly after 8 p.m., authorities said they received the report of a fire on 139 Longview Avenue.

When crews arrived they saw a heavy fire from the front windows of the ranch-style home, and after going inside, they said they found a large fire in two bedrooms.

Luckily, no one was inside at the time of the fire, according to authorities.

Crews said there was extensive smoke, heat and smoke damage throughout most of the home. The Fire Marshal’s Office is working to determine a cause.

The Danville Fire Department would like to take this opportunity to remind residents to check that they have working smoke detectors in their home.


About the Author: