RICHMOND, Va. – As of September 26, Virginia is now reporting 145,408 cases of the coronavirus across the commonwealth since March.
Saturday’s total of 145,408 marks an increase from Friday’s total of 144,433 cases.
Here’s a breakdown of today’s 975 cases:
- 76 new cases in Prince William County
- 60 new cases in Fairfax County
- 42 new cases in Charlottesville
- 38 new cases in Roanoke City
- 35 new cases in Henrico County
- 33 new cases in Virginia Beach
- 30 new cases in Richmond City and Harrisonburg
- 29 new cases in Montgomery County and Chesterfield County
- 26 new cases in Arlington County
- 25 new cases in Chesapeake
- 24 new cases in Alexandria
- 23 new cases in Mathews County
- 22 new cases in Norfolk
- 20 new cases in Albermarle County
- 19 new cases in Roanoke County
- 18 new cases in Loudoun County
- 17 new cases in Lynchburg
- 16 new cases in Augusta County
- 14 new cases in Bedford County
- 13 new cases in Tazewell County
- 11 new cases in Campbell County
- 10 new cases in Isle of Wight County, Washington County and Spotsylvania County
- 9 new cases in Rockingham and Pittsylvania County
- 8 new cases in Frederick County, Portsmouth, Danville, Smyth County, Wise County and Nottoway County
- 7 new cases in Suffolk, Stafford County, Carroll County, Southampton County, Gloucester County and Pulaski County
- 6 new cases in Mecklenburg County, Newport News, Halifax County, Fauquier County, Hampton, James City County and Waynesboro
- 5 new cases in Prince George County, Botetourt County, Wythe County, Culpeper County, Amherst County and Staunton
- 4 new cases in Henry County, Lexington, Brunswick County, Fredericksburg, Prince Edward County and Grayson County
- 3 new cases in Radford, Goochland County, Accomack County, Rockbridge County, King William County, Colonial Heights, Buchanan County, Page County, York County, Caroline County, Salem and Warren County
- 2 new cases in Hanover County, Franklin City, Franklin County, Richmond County, Appomattox County, Floyd County, Dickenson County, Lancaster County, Winchester, Middlesex County, Martinsville, Louisa County, Orange County, Lunenburg County, Essex County, Buckingham County, Galax and Powhatan County
- 1 new case in Westmoreland County, New Kent County, Lee County, Scott County, Patrick County, Dinwiddie County, Sussex County, Shenandoah County, Giles County, Surry County, Cumberland County, Williamsburg and Fairfax County
Greensville County and Rappahannock County are now reporting one fewer case. The Virginia Department of Health has previous told 10 News that numbers on the website are preliminary, and changes of this nature are due to inaccurate residency information that was later corrected.
As of Saturday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 2,119,729 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.