RICHMOND, Va. – As of October 18, Virginia is now reporting 166,138 cases of the coronavirus across the commonwealth since March.
Sunday’s total of 166,138 marks an increase from Saturday’s total of 165,238 cases.
Here’s a breakdown of Sunday’s 900 new cases:
- 86 new cases in Fairfax County
- 63 new cases in Prince William County
- 53 new cases in Loudoun County
- 43 new cases in Richmond City
- 27 new cases in Arlington County
- 24 new cases in Virginia Beach and Henrico County
- 23 new cases in Radford and Pittsylvania County
- 22 new cases in Montgomery County
- 19 new cases in Roanoke County and Franklin County
- 18 new cases in Lee County
- 17 new cases in Chesterfield County and Roanoke County
- 16 new cases in Chesapeake
- 15 new cases in Prince George County
- 14 new cases in Southampton County
- 13 new cases in Newport News, Alexandria and Salem
- 12 new cases in Lynchburg, Greensville County and Harrisonburg
- 11 new cases in Scott County
- 10 new cases in Norfolk, Washington County, Danville, Hanover County and Culpeper County
- 9 new cases in Tazewell County, Henry County and Suffolk
- 8 new cases in Petersburg, Hampton and Wythe County
- 7 new cases in Rockingham County, Frederick County, Augusta County, Buchanan County, Franklin City and James City County
- 6 new cases in Bedford County and Albermarle County
- 5 new cases in Russell County, Stafford County, Wise County, Dinwiddie County, Halifax County and Gloucester County
- 4 new cases in Shenandoah County, Fauquier County, Martinsville, Winchester, Fairfax City, Portsmouth, Brunswick County, Greene County, Manassas and Mathews County
- 3 new cases in Spotsylvania County, Colonial Heights, Carroll County, Goochland County, Caroline County and Rockbridge Coounty
- 2 new cases in Powhatan County, Louisa County, Grayson County, Amherst County, Page County, Lexington, Smyth County, Charlottesville, Patrick County, Appomattox County, Botetourt County, Fluvanna County, Bristol, Mecklenburg County, Sussex County, Pulaski County, Richmond County, Warren County, King and Queen County, Waynesboro, Emporia and Buena Vista
- 1 new case in Prince Edward County, Hopewell, Westmoreland County, Orange County, New Kent County, Staunton, Galax, Isle of Wight County, Giles County and Surry County
As of Sunday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 2,571,681 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.