RICHMOND, Va. – As of September 1, Virginia is now reporting 121,615 cases of the coronavirus across the commonwealth since March.
Tuesday’s total of 121,615 marks an increase from Monday’s total of 120,594 cases.
Here’s a breakdown of today’s 1,021 new cases:
- 91 new cases in Fairfax County
- 77 new cases in Harrisonburg
- 68 new cases in Prince William County and Radford
- 60 new cases in Chesterfield County
- 43 new cases in Henrico County
- 39 new cases in Montgomery County
- 29 new cases in Loudoun County
- 25 new cases in Suffolk
- 23 new cases in Richmond City and Spotsylvania County
- 21 new cases in Virginia Beach, Lynchburg and Portsmouth
- 18 new cases in Newport News
- 17 new cases in Alexandria
- 16 new cases in Hanover County
- 14 new cases in Carroll County and Franklin City
- 13 new cases in Stafford County
- 12 new cases in Norfolk and Mecklenburg County
- 11 new cases in Rockingham County
- 10 new cases in Chesapeake and Pittsylvania County
- 9 new cases in Lee County
- 8 new cases in Hampton, Albermarle County, Southampton County, Isle of Wight County, Fauquier County, Smyth County, Amherst County and Colonial Heights
- 7 new cases in Washington County and Winchester
- 6 new cases in Prince George County and York County
- 5 new cases in Roanoke County, Arlington County, Manassas, Bedford County, Charlottesville, Campbell County, Culpeper County, Grayson County, Danville, August County, Henry County, Patrick County, Prince Edward County and Charlotte County
- 4 new cases in Dinwiddie County, Shenandoah County, Giles County, Wythe County, Lunenburg County and Buckingham County
- 3 new cases in James City County, Appomattox County, Manassas Park, Sussex County, Scott County, Surry County, Accomack County, Wise County, Franklin County, Nottoway County, Gloucester County and Staunton
- 2 new cases in Brunswick County, Essex County, Halifax County, Petersburg, Greensville County, Pulaski County, Emporia, Goochland County, Frederick County, Orange County, Fairfax County, Cumberland County and Amelia County
- 1 new case in Roanoke city, Russell County, Tazewell County, Fredericksburg, Caroline County, Lancaster County, Louisa County, Powhatan County, Botetourt County, Martinsville, Northumberland County, Poquoson, Waynesboro, Nelson County, Galax, Westmoreland County and King George County
Richmond County is now reporting five fewer cases, Salem is reporting two fewer cases and Floyd County and Charles City County are reporting one fewer case. The Virginia Department of Health has previously told 10 News that numbers on the website are preliminary, and changes of this nature are due to inaccurate residency information that was later corrected.
As of Tuesday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 1,705,735 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.