RICHMOND, Va. – As of September 15, Virginia is now reporting 135,514 cases of the coronavirus across the commonwealth since March.
Tuesday’s total of 135,514 marks an increase from Monday’s total of 134,571 cases.
Here is a breakdown of the 943 new cases in Virginia:
- 85 new cases in Harrisonburg
- 77 new cases in Prince William County
- 74 new cases in Fairfax County
- 63 new cases in Hanover County
- 41 new cases in Virginia Beach
- 40 new cases in Loudoun County
- 35 new cases in Chesterfield County
- 33 new cases in Portsmouth
- 28 new cases in Montgomery County
- 27 new cases in Richmond
- 18 new cases in Arlington County
- 16 new cases in Rockingham County, Radford and Suffolk
- 15 new cases in Lynchburg and Spotsylvania County
- 14 new cases in Washington County and Isle of Wight County
- 12 new cases in Nottoway County
- 11 new cases in Henrico County, Danville and Prince Edward County
- 10 new cases in Chesapeake
- 9 new cases in Staunton
- 8 new cases in Southampton county, Franklin County and Pittsylvania County
- 7 new cases in Hampton, Augusta County, Northumberland County and Russell County
- 6 new cases in Pulaski County, Henry County, Amherst County and Frederick County
- 5 new cases in Newport News, Roanoke County, Smyth County, Halifax County, Manassas, Waynesboro, King William County, Dinwiddie County, Patrick County and Buckingham County
- 4 new cases in Culpeper County, Prince George County, Bristol, Powhatan County and Williamsburg
- 3 new cases in Roanoke, Stafford County, Martinsville, Hopewell, Goochland County, Orange County, Wythe County, Winchester, Middlesex County and Surry County
- 2 new cases in Alexandria, James City County, Fauquier County, Page County, Appomattox County, Giles County, York County, Carroll County, Fredericksburg, Warren County, Fairfax City, Manassas Park, Rappahannock County, Scott County and Rockbridge County
- 1 new case in Charlottesville, Lancaster County, Franklin, Greensville County, Gloucester County, Westmoreland County, Grayson County, Bedford County, Louisa County, Madison County, Campbell County, Brunswick County, Shenandoah County, Lee County, Emporia, Botetourt County, Essex County, Charlotte County, Clarke County, Nelson County, Norton, Charles City County, Buena Vista, Poquoson and Richmond County
- Alleghany County, Mecklenburg County, Buchanan County and Tazewell County all decreased by one case
As of Tuesday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 1,922,966 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.