As of March 10, Virginia is reporting 589,374 cases of the coronavirus across the commonwealth since March 2020.
Here’s a breakdown of Wednesday’s 1,246 cases:
- 124 new cases in Fairfax County
- 123 new cases in Virginia Beach
- 60 new cases in Prince William County
- 52 new cases in Loudoun County
- 50 new cases in Chesterfield County and Newport News
- 32 new cases in Norfolk
- 31 new cases in Henrico County
- 30 new cases in Spotsylvania County
- 27 new cases in Chesapeake and Portsmouth
- 26 new cases in Richmond City
- 23 new cases in Harrisonburg
- 22 new cases in Danville, Alexandria, York County
- 21 new cases in Stafford County
- 20 new cases in Arlington County
- 19 new cases in Hampton
- 18 new cases in Henry County, James City County
- 16 new cases in Rockbridge County and Suffolk
- 15 new cases in Roanoke, Frederick County and Fauquier County
- 13 new cases in Tazewell County
- 12 new cases in Montgomery County and Washington County
- 11 new cases in Roanoke County and Clarke County
- 10 new cases in Shenandoah County, Charlottesville and Fredericksburg
- 9 new cases in Petersburg, Russell County, Culpeper County and Albemarle County
- 8 new cases in Hanover County, Richmond County, Caroline County and Smyth County
- 7 new cases in King William County, Pulaski County, Isle of Wight County and Buchanan County
- 6 new cases in Warren County, Prince George County, Rockingham County, Halifax County, King George County, Franklin County, Manassas and Scott County
- 5 new cases in Orange County, Staunton, Powhatan County, Salem, Alleghany County, Augusta County and Manassas Park
- 4 new cases in Hopewell, Bedford County, Radford, Amherst County, Gloucester County, Nelson County, Carroll County, Mecklenburg County, New Kent County, Lee County, Nottoway County, Patrick County, Bristol and Lynchburg
- 3 new cases in Botetourt County, Wise County, Grayson County, Sussex County, Waynesboro, Appomattox County and Williamsburg
- 2 new cases in Wythe County, Goochland County, Essex County, Fluvanna County, Accomack County, Cumberland County, Surry County, Charlotte County, Lunenburg County, Charles City County, Buena Vista, Mathews County and Falls Church
- One new case in Campbell County, Amelia County, Madison County, Louisa County, Poquoson, Martinsville, King and Queen County, Westmoreland County, Lexington, Middlesex County, Floyd County, Brunswick County, Buckingham County, Dickenson County and Covington
- One fewer case in Dinwiddie County, Page County, Lancaster County and Galax
- Four fewer cases in Colonial Heights
- 26 fewer cases in Pittsylvania County
As of Wednesday, a total of 2,306,251 vaccines have been administered across Virginia, with 823,887 people being fully vaccinated, according to VDH.
According to the health department, decreases in cases can be attributed to a person getting tested in a different locality than where they live or the automation process for electronically reported lab results may attach the wrong jurisdiction for a particular zip code.
As of Monday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 7,733,093 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.