Local cities, counties create rain plans for trunk-or-treats, other Halloween events
ROANOKE, Va. – Don't let some rain spook you!
Please note that localities do not typically control when door-to-door trick-or-treating happens, and have no power to "move Halloween" to a different date. Communities, churches, businesses and neighborhoods may reschedule their festivities due to rain.
- The city of Roanoke will not be rescheduling Halloween door-to-door trick-or-treating, as localities do not have control over when trick-or-treating happens. The city posted on Facebook, "Given the forecast for severe thunderstorms on Thursday afternoon and evening, we encourage those neighborhoods, organizations, and others that may have events planned for the evening of Halloween to monitor weather forecasts and plan accordingly."
- The city of Lynchburg will not be rescheduling Halloween door-to-door trick-or-treating, as localities do not have control over when trick-or-treating happens.
- Montgomery County will not be rescheduling Halloween door-to-door trick-or-treating, as localities do not have control over when trick-or-treating happens.
Town of Pulaski
- Both the Pulaski Treat Trail and the Pulaski Trunk-or-Treat have been rescheduled for Friday. Both events are still from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Vinton Downtown Business Area Afternoon Trick-or-Treat scheduled for Halloween has been postponed to Monday, Nov. 4, from 3 to 5:30 p.m.
- Firehouse Skate ‘N Play - 50 businesses, individuals and nonprofit organizations will be handing out free candy to costumed kids from 6 to 8 p.m. on Halloween with a Costume Contest at 7:30 p.m.
- The Giles County Sheriff's Office will be hosting an indoor trick-or-treat from 2 p.m. until 5 p.m. on Halloween! Bring your little ones by 1 Taylor Avenue in Pearisburg and let them tour our office where we hope to have someone "home" behind every door.
- The Galax Downtown Halloween Bash and Movie on Main will be on Friday. The Halloween Bash will be from 5 to 7 p.m. and the movie will be from 7 to 9 p.m.
- All outdoor Halloween activities in the city of Lexington, including trick-or-treating, will take place on Friday afternoon and evening. The Lexington City Manager deemed the severe weather threat to be a significant safety threat to kids and families, and therefore rescheduled the festivities.
- The Downtown Trick-or-Treat has been postponed to Friday from 3:30 to 5 p.m.
- If it rains, the Nelson County Sheriff's Office will move its Trunk-or-Treat indoors to the Nelson County Courthouse.
- Activities in downtown will now take place on Friday, November 1, from 4 to 6 p.m. in downtown Blacksburg
Copyright 2019 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.