wsls logo

Improperly discarded smoking material causes Southeast Roanoke fire

ROANOKE, Va. – A Roanoke fire on Monday morning has displaced two people and a dog, according to Roanoke Fire-EMS.

The fire happened in the 600 block of Montrose Avenue SE and was caused by improperly discarded smoking material.


Crews are on the scene of a fire in Southeast Roanoke, according to Roanoke Fire-EMS.

Authorities said the fire is in the 600 block of Montrose Avenue SE.

The fire is now under control, but crews are asking drivers to avoid the area.

Stick with 10 News as this breaking news story develops.


About the Author:

Samantha Smith joined WSLS 10’s award-winning digital team as a digital content producer in July 2018.