RICHMOND, Va. – There are now 68,931 cases of the coronavirus in Virginia as of July 10.
Friday’s total of 68,931 marks an increase from Thursday’s total of 67,988 cases.
Here’s a breakdown of the 943 new cases:
- 116 new cases in Virginia Beach
- 72 new cases in Fairfax County
- 71 new cases in Norfolk
- 59 new cases in Henrico County
- 55 new cases in Prince William County
- 47 new cases in Westmoreland County
- 45 new cases in Chesapeake
- 30 new cases in Loudoun County and Hampton
- 28 new cases in Richmond
- 27 new cases in Chesterfield County
- 22 new cases in Suffolk and Portsmouth
- 20 new cases in Newport News and Alexandria
- 17 new cases in Spotsylvania County
- 15 new cases in Arlington County
- 11 new cases in Fauquier County
- 10 new cases in Raonoke and Stafford County
- 9 new cases in Henry County, James City County and Charlottesville
- 8 new cases in Albemarle County, Roanoke County, Rockingham County, Hanover County, Lynchburg and Manassas
- 7 new cases in Brunswick County
- 6 new cases in Isle of Wight County and Petersburg
- 5 new cases in Montgomery County and Staunton
- 4 new cases in Culpeper County, York County, Richmond County, Manassas Park and Augusta County
- 3 new cases in Franklin, Halifax County, Martinsville, Carroll County, Orange County, Russell County, Pulaski County, Nottoway County and Buena Vista
- 2 new cases in Prince Edward County, Frederick County, Washington County, Shenandoah County, King George County, Bedford County, Greene County, Southampton County, Buckingham County, Wise County, Fluvanna County, Danville, Bristol, Lee County, Pittsylvania County, Winchester, Campbell County, Appomattox County and Charlotte County
- One new case in Gloucester County, Harrisonburg, Greensville County, Botetourt County, Page County, Mecklenburg County, Buchanan County, Warren County, Hopewell, Galax, Colonial Heights, Lunenburg County, Prince George County, Tazewell County, Northampton County, Northumberland County, New Kent County, Smyth County, Powhatan County, Bland County, Middlesex County, Lexington and Sussex County
- One fewer case in Essex County, Franklin County and Rockbridge County
- Two fewer cases in Falls Church
When localities see fewer cases reported, it’s due to the case being improperly located using zip code data and properly fixed.
As of Friday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 846,912 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.