ROANOKE, Va. – Virginia is now among the states where Walmart is administering the COVID-19 vaccine.
The retail giant and pharmacy is now offering the vaccine in eight stores across the commonwealth.
At this time, Walmart is only providing the vaccine to those in either Phase 1a or 1b, not the general public.
Below is the list of stores where the vaccine is being offered:
- Appomattox - 505 Oakville Road
- Fredericksburg - 10001 Southpoint Parkway
- King George - 16375 Merchant Lane
- Madison Heights - 197 Madison Heights Square
- Martinsville - 976 Commonwealth Boulevard
- Ruckersville - 135 Stoneridge Drive
- Stafford - 14 N Stafford Complex Center
- Stuart - 19265 Jeb Stuart Highway
If you’re more of a visual person, below is a map of the eight stores offering the COVID vaccine.
Walmart Vaccine FAQ
When I enter my ZIP code in the scheduler, no stores are showing up. Why is this? We are rolling out the vaccine to select stores as they are approved by state and federal governments, and your local stores may not yet have been selected to administer the vaccine. The locations are determined by the state and federal government to administer to specific populations as determined by the state. The availability of vaccines will continue to change, so we appreciate your patience and please continue to check back.
Do I need a doctor’s referal?
No, but you must meet the state’s eligibility guidelines. Check with your state’s department of health to see if you qualify for the vaccine.