Daytime Kitchen: Asparagus, Egg & Bacon Salad
Kim Butterfield is here from the Virginia Cooperative Extension with a delicious recipe for lunch.
Asparagus Egg and Bacon Salad with Dijon Vinaigrette
· 1 large hard boiled egg, peeled and sliced
· 1 2/3 cups chopped asparagus
· 2 slices cooked and crumbled center cut bacon
· 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
· 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
· 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
· pinch salt and pepper, to taste
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the asparagus and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until tender yet firm. Drain and run under cold water to stop it from cooking further. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl mix the Dijon, oil, vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Arrange the asparagus on a plate, top with egg and bacon and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Enjoy!
Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved