Daytime Kitchen: Shrimp & Cheese Grits
Brunch Wedding Ideas with Bella Events Catering
ROANOKE – Marsha is back from Bella Events Catering talking about the latest trend in Wedding Catering-- Brunch.
She's also walking us through one of the "Brunch" staples-- Shrimp and Cheese Grits with Andouille Sausage.
Creole Shrimp and Cheese Grits with Andouille Sausage
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 4
· 1 lb. of large shrimp, peeled, deveined
· 1 lb. Andouille Sausage, sliced on the diagonal 1/2 inch
· 1 tbsp. creole seasoning or seasoning salt
· ½ stick of butter
· 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
· ½ cup of white wine
· 3 cloves garlic, minced
· Tabasco Sauce
For the Grits:
· 3/4 c. quick grits
· 3 c. water
· 1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
· 1 tsp. creole seasoning
· 1 tsp. black pepper
· 1 clove of garlic, minced
· In a large pot bring all liquids to boil, add butter and seasonings.
· Slowly stir in grits while whisking nonstop for about two minutes.
· Add cheese and stir until blended
· To Prepare the Shrimp:
· To prepare the shrimp, peel and devein shrimp, season with all the spices and set aside.
· In a large saute pan add butter, wine, garlic and olive oil over medium high and sauté for 5 minutes.
· Add andouille sausage and saute about 10-15 minutes, until browned. Add shrimp and cook about 3-4 minutes are until no longer pink.
· Serve on top of hot grits and enjoy!
Copyright 2017 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.