Daytime Kitchen: C&C Chowder
Blue Ridge Mountain Catering is back with a tasty Chowder recipe
ROANOKE – Chef Randall Spencer, from Blue Ridge Mountain Catering, is back with a tasty Chowder recipe to warm you up on those chilly winter days.
2 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Tbsp Unsalted butter
1.5 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, halved, quartered
2 ea Leeks, white and pale green parts only, finely chopped
4 ea Stalks celery, finely chopped
4 ea Springs thyme
Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
1/3 c Dry white wine
4 C Clam stock
2 c Heavy cream
4 lbs Littleneck clams, scrubbed
2 lb Skinless cod, cut into large pieces
· Heat oil and butter in large heavy pot over medium heat. Add
potatoes, leeks, celery, and thyme springs; season with salt &
pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until leeks are tender, 5mins.
· Add wine, bring to a boil, and cook until reduced by half, 2mins.
· Add stock and cream, season with salt & pepper, and bring to a
simmer. Cook until potatoes are starting to fall apart, 50-60mins.
· Add clams to pot and stir to coat. Cover and simmer until clams are
just begging to open, 10-12mins.
· Season cod with salt & pepper and add to pot. Let fish gently poach
until cooked through, 5mins.
Prep Time: 30min Cook: 75min Serves: 4
Copyright 2017 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.