52ºF

House fire in Blacksburg started by heater

House fire in Blacksburg started by heater (Image 1) (Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved)

BLACKSBURG (WSLS 10) - A house fire in Blacksburg Friday morning caused thousands of dollars in damage.

It happened around 9 a.m. Friday, April 24 at a residence along Gedney Park Drive. 

Firefighters say no one was hurt, but the fire did about $20,000 worth of damage to the house.  

They say it started in a bedroom where a bed was up against a heater. Crews left the scene around 10:30 a.m. Friday.