FRANKLIN COUNTY, Va. – On Monday, a grand jury took the next step before the ex-Marine accused of killing mother’s boyfriend in November goes to trial.
The Franklin County grand jury handed down seven indictments against Michael Brown:
- First-degree murder of Rodney Wilfred Brown
- Use of a firearm while committing murder
- Breaking and entering with intent to commit a misdemeanor, except assault and battery or tresspass, while armed with a deadly weapon
- Larceny of a firearm belonging to Rodney Brown
- Use of a firearm while committing burglary
- Stealing Rodney Brown’s credit card
- Breaking and entering with the intent to commit larceny, while armed with a deadly weapon
Brown had a preliminary hearing on June 24 after leading authorities on a multi-day manhunt after he reportedly killed Rodney Brown.