Virginia State Police have responded to hundreds of crashes on Thursday during the ice storm that continues to affect much of Virginia.
Police responded to one deadly crash in Caroline County although they do not believe it was weather-related.
Here’s a breakdown of how many crashes and disabled/stuck vehicles police responded to as of 9 p.m. in each division:
- Richmond Division (1 on map below): 55 disabled vehicles and 100 traffic crashes
- Culpeper Division (2 on map below): 51 disabled vehicles and 54 traffic crashes
- Appomattox Division (3 on map below): 28 disabled vehicles and 47 traffic crashes
- Wytheville Division (4 on map below): 30 disabled vehicles and 27 traffic crashes
- Chesapeake Division (5 on map below): 47 disabled vehicles and 53 traffic crashes
- Salem Division (6 on map below): 42 disabled vehicles and 54 traffic crashes
- Fairfax Division (7 on map below): 57 disabled vehicles and 107 traffic crashes
Below is a map showing which Divisions cover which parts of Virginia:
Police advise Virginians to avoid traveling through Friday as road conditions remain dangerous.