67 new coronavirus cases in Virginia, now 465 total statewide
15 coronavirus-related deaths reported so far in Virginia
RICHMOND, Va. – UPDATE: There are now 465 “presumptively positive” cases of the coronavirus in Virginia as of March 26.
Thursday’s 465 cases mark an increase from 398 on Wednesday, 304 on Tuesday, 259 on Monday, 222 on Sunday, 158 on Saturday, 124 on Friday, 101 cases on Thursday and 67 on Wednesday.
The Virginia Department of Health previously identified a person as living in Bedford County, when in fact, he lived in Lynchburg. So Bedford County only has two cases while Lynchburg has one.
Thursday’s 460 cases reported by the Virginia Department of Health do not include:
- A Rockbridge County woman in her 70s
- A person in his or her 20s who lives in Powhatan County
- A Southampton County man in his 60s. The county’s first case. While his address is in Southampton County, he currently lives at an assisted living facility in Northampton County, North Carolina.
- A woman living in the Eastern Shore Health District in her 20s. She had recently traveled from another country with known community transmission. This health district is comprised of Accomack and Northampton counties.
- A Bristol resident who contracted the illness during out-of-state travel. The person is self-isolating at home and there is no concern over community contact.
Here’s a breakdown of the 67 new cases:
- Eight new cases in Arlington
- Eight new cases in James City County
- Eight new cases in Loudoun County
- Five new cases in Alexandria
- Four new cases in Newport News
- Four new cases in Prince William County
- Three new cases in Fairfax County
- Three new cases in Charlottesville
- Three new cases in Virginia Beach
- Two new cases in Fluvanna County
- Two new cases in Albemarle County
- A Lynchburg man in his 60s.
- One new case in Harrisonburg
- One new case in Chesapeake
- One new case in Chesterfield County
- One new case in Hampton
- One new case in Henrico County
- One new case in Warren County
- One new case in Norfolk
- One new case in Poquoson
- One new case in York County
- One new case in Amelia County
- One new case in Manassas
- One new case in Stafford County
- One new case in Richmond
- One new case in Louisa County
- One new case in Powhatan County
- One new case in Southampton County
- One new case in the Eastern Shore Health District.
- One new case in Bristol.
The reason the list above contains 68, not 67 cases is because in Thursday’s noon update a case previously reported in Spotsylvania County was no longer reported in that county.
Lorrie Andrew-Spear with the Virginia Department of Health previously told 10 News that, “Numbers on the website are preliminary, and this change was due to inaccurate residency information that was later corrected, which decreased the numbers in those districts.”
These cases are “presumptively positive,” meaning they are pending confirmatory testing by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
As of Tuesday at noon, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports that 5,370 people have been tested.
Copyright 2020 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.