WSLS 10, the Graham Media Group, Inc. owned/NBC affiliated station in Roanoke, Virginia is seeking a Photographer/Editor to join our News team.
You’ll live and work in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, plus you’re only a short drive to major metropolitan areas as well as beaches. WSLS 10 recently moved into a brand-new state-of-the-art broadcast facility.
General Position Description:
Duties associated include gathering information and making decisions on shots and audio to be used for creative broadcast storytelling. The ideal candidate will be a positive, highly motivated, creative self-starter with strong work ethic. Must be a team player with the ability to work alone or with a reporter. Must be able to multi-task and be highly organized. Must be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required and be regularly on-call to resolve issues.
- Use video news gathering and editing equipment to create broadcast stories
- Shoot and edit video; shoot live shots as necessary
- Work independently with reporters to gather news content
- Must work with minimal supervision and under deadline pressures
- Must use the ENG truck and Backpack technology as appropriate
- Edit newscasts as required
- Ensure any live shot feed is properly routed and ready for newscasts as required
- General knowledge of television news broadcasting
- Ability to edit with Grass Valley non-linear editing system (EDIUS).
- Ability to use Panasonic/JVC HD cameras.
- Ability to use TVU/LIVEU/ENG equipment for live broadcasts.
- Work with others efficiently.
- Possess strong news judgment and digital media savvy
- Non-linear editing experience
- Educational background in communications and/or journalism preferred but not required
- You must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under VA laws
To apply, please send links of your work, resume and references to:
Jeff Perzan email@example.com
No phone calls, please.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package to successful candidates.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screening, investigative background check, employment/education verification, and reference checks. You must hold a valid driver’s license and be insurable under VA laws.
WSLS 10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, WSLS 10 will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.