ROANOKE, Va. – UPDATE
Roanoke officials said all roadways affected by Monday’s train derailment have been reopened.
Motorists may need to find an alternative route to take while going home Monday evening.
Roanoke Fire-EMS announced that a train derailment has caused several roads to close.
According to Roanoke Police, the affected roadways include:
- Williamson Rd and Norfolk Ave SE
- Williamson Rd and Campbell Ave SE
- Williamson Rd and Tazewell Ave SE
- Williamson Rd and Bullitt Ave SE
- Williamson Rd and Albemarle Ave SE
Officials are asking people to avoid those areas in the meantime and take alternate routes.
Crews told 10 News that there were no injuries and no major damage from this train derailment.
At this time, it’s unclear what caused the derailment.