34ºF

Huckleberry Trail expanding in Christiansburg

photo
(Copyright by WSLS - All rights reserved)

CHRISTIANSBURG (WSLS 10) - The Huckleberry Trail is moving one step closer to downtown Christiansburg.

On Monday, construction began to add a new .59-mile-section to the trail.

This section will connect the trail from Cambria Street and Providence Boulevard to the Food Lion shopping center. It will run through two residential developments to get there.

The project will cost $358,767. VDOT will fund 80 percent of that, while the town of Christiansburg will fund the remaining 20 percent.

Construction is scheduled to end in September and is not expected to impact traffic.