RICHMOND, Va. – As of October 14, Virginia is now reporting 161,610 cases of the coronavirus across the commonwealth since March.
Wednesday’s total of 161,610 marks an increase from Tuesday’s total of 160,805 cases.
Here is a breakdown of the 805 new cases in Virginia:
- 90 new cases in Fairfax County
- 55 new cases in Southampton County
- 31 new cases in Henrico County
- 30 new cases in Prince William County
- 28 new cases in Virginia Beach
- 26 new cases in Roanoke City
- 23 new cases in Bedford County
- 22 new cases in Arlington County and Chesapeake
- 20 new cases in Chesterfield County
- 16 new cases in Franklin County, Lynchburg and Washington County
- 15 new cases in Portsmouth
- 14 new cases in Prince George County
- 13 new cases in Stafford County, Henry County and Russell County
- 12 new cases in Harrisonburg, Newport News and Alexandria
- 11 new cases in Roanoke County, Lee County and Hampton
- 10 new cases in Amherst County, Campbell County and Staunton
- 9 new cases in Rockingham County and Augusta County
- 8 new cases in Pittsylvania County
- 7 new cases in Richmond, Norfolk, Frederick County, Hanover County, Suffolk, Lexington, Isle of Wight County, Halifax County, Bristol, Martinsville, Waynesboro and Buena Vista
- 6 new cases in Radford, Buchanan County and Shenandoah County
- 5 new cases in Danville, Louisa County, Tazewell County and Charlottesville
- 4 new cases in Gloucester County, Prince Edward County, Albemarle County, Wise County, Spotsylvania County, Greensville County and Wythe County
- 3 new cases in Salem, Montgomery County, Hopewell, Richmond County, York County, Culpeper County, Smyth County, James City County, Nelson County and Fredericksburg
- 2 new cases in Dinwiddie County, Scott County, King William County, Winchester, Caroline County, Warren County, Fluvanna County, Nottoway County, Orange County, Accomack County and Charles City County
- 1 new case in Westmoreland County, Petersburg, Powhatan County, Appomattox County, Botetourt County, Mathews County, Fauquier County, Franklin, Brunswick County, Colonial Heights, Charlotte County, Mecklenburg County, Dickenson County, Patrick County, Manassas Park, Buckingham County, Norton, Craig County, Sussex County, Fairfax, Bath County and Cumberland County
As of Wednesday, the Virginia Dept. of Health reports there have been 2,468,715 total testing encounters.
The term “testing encounters” includes individuals who have been tested more than once due to their profession, high-risk status or need for a negative result to return to work. The health department started using this metric on May 1. To learn more, click here.