wsls logo

No one injured in early morning Galax house fire

Crews put out the fire in two hours

No one injured in Galax fire.
No one injured in Galax fire. (Galax Fire Department)

GALAX, Va. – Multiple agencies responded to an overnight house fire in Galax.

It happened at a home on the 100 block of Lawrence Street.

Fire officials say initial reports said two people were trapped inside. However, after searching, no victims were found.

The Galax Fire Department posted on Facebook:

Tones set: 12:06am Structure Fire 100 Block of Lawrence St. Apparently this fire was visible from the Fiddlers...

Posted by Galax Fire Department on Saturday, August 14, 2021

About the Author:

Lindsey joined the WSLS 10 team as a reporter in February 2019 and is thrilled to call Roanoke her new home!