Boyfriend pleads guilty to murdering his girlfriend in Campbell County
Lisa Henderson, of Appomattox County, was 22 years old when she was murdered
CAMPBELL COUNTY, Va. – A man accused of killing his girlfriend last year has now admitted he committed the crime.
Marquie Williams pleaded guilty Wednesday morning to the second-degree murder of Lisa Henderson.
Henderson was last seen in Appomattox County in April 2018. Her body was found five days later in a field in Campbell County.
She had been shot multiple times.
Prosecutors said Williams killed Henderson after he found out she intended to end their relationship.
Another man, Felix Jefferson, said he was with the couple when Williams killed her.
Jefferson has also been charged with murder in the case, but he has cooperated with police and led officers to Henderson's body.
Williams plea was not part of a plea agreement with prosecutors.
In addition to second-degree murder, he pleaded guilty to using a firearm in the commission of a felony and grand larceny.
He was set to go on trial next month but decided to enter a guilty plea Wednesday.
He could face up to life in prison when he is formally sentenced.
He also faces three years for the weapons charge and 20 years for the larceny.
Felix Jefferson faces trial at a later date.
This is a case 10 News has been reporting on this story closely since its beginning:
- April 07, 2018 - Missing woman's car found empty, Appomattox Sheriff's Office says
- April 09, 2018 - Mother of missing Appomattox woman makes desperate plea to help find her daughter
- April 10, 2018 - Missing Appomattox County woman found dead, person in custody, mother says
- April 11, 2018 - Man charged in connection with missing Appomattox County woman's death
- April 11, 2018 - Mother of Appomattox County woman found dead wants justice
- April 13, 2018 - Man charged in Appomattox woman's death waives bond hearing
- April 14, 2018 - Hundreds gather for vigil honoring Appomattox woman
- July 3, 2018 - Boyfriend arrested in connection with Appomattox woman's murder
- July 4, 2018 - Lisa Henderson's family speaks out after boyfriend arrested for her death
- August 28, 2018 - Court testimony reveals Appomattox County woman shot, killed by her boyfriend
- November 20, 2018 - Boyfriend, other man indicted on charges connected to death of Appomattox County woman
Copyright 2019 by WSLS 10 - All rights reserved.