ROANOKE, Va. – As schools reopen across Virginia, we’re working for you to track cases of COVID-19 across local school systems. This is a running list of schools that have notified parents and staff of confirmed cases. If you know of one, email email@example.com.
Tuesday, Sept. 15
- Montgomery County: One person at Gilbert Linkous Elementary School has tested positive for coronavirus
Monday, Sept. 14
- Roanoke County: A student at Cave Spring Middle School tested positive. School leaders said students and staff have not been identified as being “at risk” of exposure while at school.
- Botetourt County: A student at Lord Botetourt High School tested positive. The health department will contact parents whose kids were potentially exposed
- Roanoke City: One staff member tested positive at Round Hill Elementary School, two staff members tested positive at Lucy Addison Middle School, one staff member tested positive at William Fleming High School and one student tested positive at Fallon Park Elementary School
Saturday, Sept. 12
- Rockbridge County: A teacher at Central Elementary School tested positive and has advised another staff member to quarantine.
Wednesday, Sept. 9
- Giles County: School leaders say they’ve seen a total of 11 COVID-19 cases among their students and staff members. You can find the breakdown of where they are here.
Tuesday, Sept. 8
- Roanoke County: A student at William Byrd Middle School has tested positive.
- Roanoke County: A staff member at Penn Forest Elementary School tested positive.
Wednesday, Sept. 2
- Giles County: Between Giles High School and Giles County Technology Center, one student and one staff member have tested positive for COVID-19.
Monday, August 31
- Roanoke Catholic: High school student tested positive. Five students who were determined to have close contact with the student and out of abundance of caution, those students are being asked to self-quarantine for 2 weeks and not allowed back in school during that time according to school spokesperson Michael Hemphill.
Friday, Aug. 28
- Bedford: Liberty High School sent a letter to a small group of families Wednesday, saying a student or staff member in the school community tested positive.
- Roanoke County: Bonsack Elementary student tested positive. School leaders said no other students or staff were exposed to this case.
Thursday, Aug. 27
- Pittsylvania County cafeteria worker: School leaders did not specify where the employee worked.
- Radford: School leaders did not specify which school, or if the person who tested positive is a student or staff member.
Wednesday, Aug. 26
- Montgomery County: Auburn High School. School leaders did not clarify if the person who tested positive is a student or staff member.
- Roanoke County: Back Creek Elementary student. School leaders can’t release specific information, including grade level.
- Roanoke County: Green Valley Elementary staff member who was only on school premises before students returned on Monday.
Wednesday, Aug. 19
- Rockbridge County: A staff member who works at Fairfield Elementary School tested positive.